- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 c. grated gouda or jack cheese
- 1 c. rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 T. olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add chopped poblanos and onion, sauté for 5-7 minutes until soft.
2. Add poblanos and onion to blender, add yogurt and milk, and puree until smooth.
3. In the same pan, add the other 1 T. olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side to brown.
4. Grease a glass baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in the pan, cover with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the rice according to package directions. When done, stir in chopped scallions and lime juice. Serve chicken with rice.