- 2 1/2 c. whole grain macaroni, shells, or elbow pasta
- 12 oz. fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1 can broccoli cheese soup
- 1/2 c. non-fat sour cream
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 3 c. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c. fresh broccoli, chopped
- salt/pepper, to taste
1. In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, mix soup, evaporated milk, and sour cream. Add milk and butter, whisk to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray, then add the pasta and chopped broccoli.
3. Pour the sauce over the pasta, add 2 c. of shredded cheese, and stir. Add more milk as needed to thin consistency. Sprinkle additional cup of cheese over the top, do not stir.
4. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Do not remove lid while pasta is cooking. If you intend to let the pasta cook for longer, add additional cup of milk to keep pasta from drying out.