Thursday, January 31, 2013
Inspired by how this mama makes her guacamole, here's a salad version of one of my favorite dips! Romaine lettuce topped with sliced tomato, onion, and avocado and drizzled with a cilantro lime dressing. And don't forget the feta! (Which is absolutely a part of my guacamole recipe... sounds strange? Try it next time! You're welcome in advance...)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped or torn
- 1 large tomato, sliced lengthwise
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 c. nonfat feta cheese
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c. olive oil
-1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
1. Wash the lettuce, shake dry and roughly chop or tear. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
2. To make the dressing, combine last 6 ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine. Or place in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour over the lettuce and toss lightly.
chop cilantro as finely as you can
place in a pint-sized mason jar
juice of two limes
salt (add more to taste to cut through the sour lime)
then shake it fast!
3. Slice the avocado, tomato, and onion. Add to the lettuce, toss slightly, then sprinkle with feta.
mmm... this salad tasted so good
I could eat it as a meal!