Monday, January 14, 2013

Peanut Post: Whipped Banana Avocado Smoothie

Avocado and banana has always been a favorite combination for Annalyn.  As she's gotten older, we've added the yogurt and/or whole milk to make it even creamer.  I must confess that I occasionally steal some of this puree for myself because it's so yummy.  It's actually one of Peanut's and my favorite breakfast treats.   Here's how this mama makes it:

Whipped Banana Avocado Smoothie


Ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 small container plain or vanilla yogurt (try to use whole milk yogurt without a lot of added sugar)
- whole milk, as needed to achieve desired consistency (about 1/4 - 1/2 c.)

Directions:

1.  Blend banana, avocado, and yogurt in a blender until smooth.


2.  Add milk as needed and blend until well combined.  Enjoy with baby and try not to eat it all at once!  I have found that this mixture freezes really well and also keeps in the fridge for a couple days (although the top will brown a little in the fridge, it doesn't affect that flavor of the puree).

so light and creamy

Sorry, I don't have any pics of my Peanut devouring this one...  I can hardly keep up with how quickly she wants to eat it, let alone take pictures!  But here are a couple sweet ones of her waiting for me to finish making it...







No comments:

Post a Comment