- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 c. red onion
- 1/2 c. white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14 oz.) can tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 T. grated fresh ginger
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. sweet chili sauce
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and trim the fat. Add in an even layer to the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Chop carrots, celery, onions, and pepper and add to the slow cooker
3. Rinse mushrooms well and add to slow cooker. Top with the pineapple chunks and some of the juice. Grate the ginger (I recommend freezing the ginger to make it easier to peel and grate. I always use my microplane zester.) and add to the mixture.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours. Serve alone or over rice.