Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pumpkin Monster Cookie Dough Dip

An unusual take on my pumpkin fluff dip?  Well, yes.  But a slightly healthier, safer-than-raw-egg-version of cookie dough?  Absolutely.  Today Peanut & I are celebrating that I didn't have to report for jury duty on my day off (granted, I'll probably have to go in tomorrow, but at least it's in place of work, not Peanut time).  What better way to celebrate than with cookie dough?!  Funny how girls think, isn't it?  I'm upset... I want cookie dough.  I'm excited... I want cookie dough!  We should celebrate... I want cookie dough!! Sorry, I digress...

Point being, I wanted a fun treat, but call me crazy, wasn't quite ready to feed my baby raw eggs.  Therefore, this creation was born!  Why the pumpkin you might ask?  Basically, it adds a little flavor, great texture, and some hidden nutrition in an otherwise lacking dish.  And it's better for me than butter... Now for the fun part - the MONSTER!  Giving cookies the title of monster pretty much means you can throw anything and everything into them and expect it to be delicious.  My favorites are chocolate chips, M&M's, oatmeal, and raisins.

Now that you feel like you're really getting away with something bad, here's the best part - it makes about 12 servings (about 1/2 c. each) 7 points each!  Feeling extra gutsy today?  Go ahead, eat a whole cup... it's still only 14 points.  Here's how Mama makes it:

Pumpkin Monster Cookie Dough Dip
Ingredients:
-  1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1 (5 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) container lite whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips (I like the mini chips)
- 1/2 c. M&M's
- 1/4 c. raisins


Directions:
1.  In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin and vanilla pudding mix until all pudding is incorporated.  Add the brown sugar and stir to combine.


2.  Fold in the whipped topping.

I know, at first it seems like a lost cause,
but just keep folding

see, it all combines eventually!


3.  Fold in the oatmeal, chocolate chips, M&M's, and raisins until just combined.  Store in the refrigerator. 
I started with less oats, but ended up with 1 1/2 cups

mini chips are nice because you can use less,
but the flavor is still dispersed evenly

how pretty are these Valentine's candies?



store in the whipped topping container

serving suggestions:  spoon, finger, graham cracker




No comments:

Post a Comment